Friday, December 22, 2006

Return to the ashen fields



The wind blows. The ashen dust covers my face. As I kneel and watch the fine grains fall out in a stream from my fist in which I gathered them. The vast emptiness surrounds me. Empty. Nothing. Blank. Void, "Rub - al - Khali -- the empty quarter" Ashen sky , ashen ground, heart of stone ... forged in fire. Covered in beauty. Smattered with debauchery. Shining with light. Resonating in the darkness. Fragrant with love , reeking with hatred. Lost. Found. Broken. Made. Adorned with hope. Embellished with faith. Cast in belief. Drenched in apathy.

Death ? Another event on the road.

I have been here. I have walked this place. I was alone then. I still am. My footsteps have been covered in the dust. And that in turn blown away. Like the millions before me. And the millions yet to come. They've come. They've gone. They'll keep coming.






I know. I thought I knew back then. Now I am. They don't. They aren't. You don't. Are you ?

Promises ? The road promises to take you somewhere. But does it ?

Attachments ? The places you've rested on the road. Some places, you've slept. You thought you belonged there. When you woke up ... what did you see ? The road goes ever on.
Freedom ? It's just some people talking. Your prison is walking through this world all alone.

I was born with a promise. They said, "A promise lives withing you now. " "You walk a lonely road." Oh how far am I from home ? Mornie Alantie - darkness has come. Do you only see with your eyes ? How blind are you ?

I am Sojourner. This is My Sojourn . They have just lost their way. They'll find it. If they try. The signboards have always been there. From the beginning of time. They can see with their eyes. Yes. They're blind. Ramble On. I have lost my way many times. You've read about my ramblings. You've read about the Rain. It's been two years. But , just - years. I've found my way again. Even if I lose my way again, it won't matter. I know where I'm headed.

Yes. I believe the road leads us somewhere. Leads us back to where we started. Where it all began. The return to innocence. A full circle. Nothing is everything. Everything is nothing. You shall have known it all - love , glory, joy, eternal bliss, Heaven, Faith, God. It IS why we're here.

Will you walk with me?




6 Comments:

Blogger Shaapla said...

i will walk.
love.

December 25, 2006 at 12:22 PM  
Blogger ari said...

mooootiiiiiiii
tumi akta khub mota ...... no space :D :P

June 8, 2007 at 2:43 PM  
Blogger Nayantara said...

I want to walk too, if u two do not mind. :)

Never read something before that numbed me AND heightened my senses the way this did.

Unbelievable.

June 8, 2007 at 2:45 PM  
Blogger Xiamaze said...

when i read this post
its like a hundred people are talking around me.
filling my head with a million words all at once.
i cannot ignore them and my brain cant take it anymore...
so it shuts down for a fraction of a second.
its exactly like being dead.
i know that for some unfathomable reason.
but then my brain restarts.
and everything comes back
those voices are gone.
but the echoes remain..
they're not distinct..
i can ignore them.
but thanks to your post.
now, i too...am Lazarus, come from the dead.

July 28, 2007 at 12:32 PM  
Blogger M said...

it's a beautiful piece.very evidently came from u the heart..gives me a very nostalgic feeling.

August 2, 2007 at 11:55 AM  
Blogger Elendil said...

Pursuing it with eager feet
Till all paths and errands meet
And whither then, I cannot say.

September 28, 2008 at 6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home